VITAL WorkLife Gives Back to the Community
VITAL WorkLife is proud to support the communities where we live and work. As part of this ongoing commitment, we focus our support in the areas of health and well being programs and activities. The intent of our efforts is to give back and support our clients’ local, regional or global health and well being programs and to encourage our employees to also share in these activities. VITAL WorkLife recognizes participating in these activities enriches the lives of our clients and employees, as well as supports their interests.
Researchers have confirmed volunteering is good for others AND good for you, and has health benefits such as reducing stress and increasing your longevity. Our Corporate Responsibility centers around efforts to assist, support and sponsor.
Employer Sponsored Volunteer Time Off
We are proud to sponsor employees volunteering in community programs that promote health and well being. VITAL WorkLife encourages employees to volunteer and pays each employee up to eight hours per year for time away from work to volunteer. Requests, including the organization’s purpose, need to be consistent with the values of overall, holistic well being.
Charitable Contributions for Clients
To assist in our clients’ efforts, VITAL WorkLife will focus participation on corporate donations and sponsorship. Support is available based on financial strength and may vary from year to year.
This year, VITAL WorkLife sponsored the Altru Cancer Center Golf Tournament supporting the Filling the Gap and Caring for Kids initiative.
Matching Employee Charitable Contributions
To support employee interests and efforts to support the communities where we live and work, VITAL WorkLife offers company match of employee contributions. Regular, full time employees who contribute at least $25 to an eligible organization (political or religious organizations not eligible) will have their gift matched dollar-for-dollar.
Second Harvest HeartlandSecond Harvest Heartland is a food bank that works with over 1,000 local food shelves, food pantries and other meal programs to provide food to the hungry. They serve 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. VITAL WorkLife employees worked together at the donation and packing facility on a workday this fall to help Second Harvest Heartland. On this day employees sorted, weighted and bagged onions for distribution. Learn more about Second Harvest Heartland and the impact they have on the individuals, families and communities they serve.
Programs We Have Supported
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Fillies Race for Hope by Hope Chest for Breast Cancer
- Quinn’s Cup to raise funds for Viral Myocarditis
- Altru Cancer Center, supporting each patient-before, during and after treatment
- Ridgeview Foundation to enhance health by creating a culture to nurture the whole person: mind, body and spirit
- National Eagle Center for environmental stewardship and community sustainability
- Quiet Oaks Hospice House, a residential home for those facing terminal illness
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) – read more on our blog.
- Wreaths for the Fallen to honor our Veterans
- School Supply drive to fill backpacks for Resource Minnesota