Why VITAL WorkLife?
- Over 10 years of involvement working directly with physicians and healthcare organizations to deliver physician intervention programs
- Unique experience managing hundreds of physician intervention cases with multiple healthcare clients nationwide
- Our dedicated physician clinical leads average over 20 years of experience working with clinical staff using our proven four-phase process that includes an organizational consult, physician assessment, monitoring and final recommendations.
- We work closely with both the organization and the physician, for up to a year, to help support and also hold the physician accountable for sustainable behavior change.
Our Physician Practice Lead and Senior Consultant, Liz Ferron, MSW, LICSW recently sat down with one of our Physician Peer Coaches, Ronald D. Groat, MD to share best practices and discuss:
- Common factors contributing to physician performance or behavior concerns
- How Healthcare leaders can support struggling physicians
- How to approach a physician who has received complaints
- How VITAL WorkLife helps organizations and physicians
Watch the Physician Intervention video to learn more.
Physician Intervention Process
Our four-phase protocol includes:
- Initial Organization Consultation
- Physician Assessment
- Case Management
- Final Organization Consultation
Our goal is to help the organization retain a valued physician by effectively addressing problem behaviors at the earliest possible stages. This program is not typically voluntary for the physician.